Tuesday, September 23, 2014

TIME TOGETHER...

seems to be a rare thing... AND a very important thing.
 
That is one lesson I learned from being married before: you have to make one on one time with your spouse in order for your family to be united. I LOVE my "alone" time with Tom.



Even though it was my weekend with the kids, I let Justin take them to Great Wolf Lodge. Tom and I headed to Edinburg to the outlet mall so I could do some birthday shopping... and get some Christmas gifts... YIKES!!


Doesn't he looked thrilled?! We had the best day together!!
 
We went to an antique mall looking for anything cool and/or fire related... lots of neat stuff but super expensive!
 
After that we received a dreaded phone call... more on another post about that...
we had dinner before heading to the camper.

That's right... we met up with Nathan and Stacy at their camper and had a blast! I haven't laughed that hard... (or drank a wee too much) in a LOOOOONG time!



The next morning after getting up and ready... Tom and I head to downtown Nashville to meet up with his Aunt Lisa and Uncle Chuck. We have a great time with them every chance we get to hang out. After eating lunch and walking around little, cute shops with them... we headed to St. Vincent!
We took Kenz with us to see her mom... and Cody!

Here is the dreaded phone call from my dad:
"Jess, Heidi {my sis in law} has been in a terrible accident. Cody and I are on the way to the hospital and she isn't in good shape." [insert me starting to panic] I had 1000 questions and Cody was a mess. No one knew the answer to my questions... really... and they wouldn't for awhile. They also needed me to let my siblings know... and my mom... and Heidi's BFF, Brit! That was the worst... Thankful for Brit, she headed straight to St. Vincent to be with Cody and try to calm Heidi! The first x-rays didn't show any breaks... however she couldn't walk... so more x-rays, scans, and a 2 day stay... she started her road to recovery! 6-8 weeks may seem like a long time to keep weight off her leg and hip... but it could have been so much worse!
 

 

1 comment:

Farmers Wife said...

My sister in law rocks!!! Thanks for all you've done!!!