Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day 2014....

was an awesome family day!!
 
What I didn't get a picture of was Caribbean Cove. Tom and I took the kids there first to enjoy the indoor water park. We won't be going back... Ever! It was kind of dirty I thought... but the kids had fun... for about 2 hours!
 
We went to our favorite "fast food" place for lunch... FIREHOUSE SUBS... before heading to Brown County to do some hiking. Upon arriving... We went to the nature center first! The kids thought it was neat to look at skulls, snake (YIKES!), bees, etc...
 
Drew at a lookout behind the Nature Center

Haley loved this view

Hiking to Strahl Lake
 Tom warned us the the walk to the lake would be easier than the way back...
Tom thought these trees were cool and wanted a picture.

Drew thought this was neat.

They stayed on top of the hill...
 I LOVE the picture above. They have a pretty special bond! I wish I could have zoomed in closer, but I was just using camera on my phone... and I was at the bottom of a hill.
While Drew and I went to the bottom... "creek stomping!"
 AHHH... I was flooded with memories! The creek was dry but Drew thought the rocks were cool and the deeper parts still had water. I loved going down there with him.
Their faces were pricesless after the hike!
 We were all Hot, Sweaty Messes by the end! Haley's legs were so achy, but she did great! Drew... that kid has a lot of energy!
One of my favorite spots in Brown County
 I LOVE this picture as well!! My FAVORITE!!
 
After leaving the park, we stopped at 3 different Antique Stores to check things out. The kids got ice cream, I got Haley a Christmas gift, and Tom didn't find any fire stuff. Well... we did, but it wasn't great quality or I'd have to mortgage the house to afford it! 
Dinner at BWs on the way home!
 On the way home... we ate dinner at BWs!
One picture of me... so you know I was there! And... of course Drew closed his eyes!

 
What a fantastic day we had! I love all the memories, laughs, and love that we share!!
 


No comments: