Thursday, September 4, 2014

GOLFING

may become my new thing...
 
Golfing is a sport my grandparents played together...
I will never forget about how my grandma would talk about grandpa quitting
{and swearing he'd never play again} with her.
It was something she was very passionate about and played until the day she could no longer withstand the pain in her shoulder and hips.
 
Golfing is a sport that Drew loves...
I will cherish the first time we had {mommy & son} date night to the golf course.
He said, "you aren't as bad as I thought mom!"
My cool meter just went up a few points!
 
Golfing {or the driving range} was OUR first date...
I was awful and I was sure he'd never play with me again!
The driving range has become family night as well...
my momma even came and watched us all!
Haley doesn't last too long, but she does good!
 
Golfing is something my brothers do frequently...
 
Golfing is a business sport where you can really get to know someone...
[I have a person in mind!]
 
Anyway... the guys from work golf a lot... and I kept telling them I wanted to play sometime.
{remember how bad I was at the driving range...}
The day finally came that they asked me to join them... and they informed me I couldn't be as bad [blank] and [blank]. Woo Hoo!!
We went to Balmoral in Castleton... I actually did pretty good... they were impressed.
 I shot a 98 on 18... It was under 100 and that was my goal!
Guess what... they asked me to play again... and this time we needed a 4th, so I took Tom.
 
Tom's worst game ever... and I was doing pretty good.
{as in pretty good... I could find my ball and only lost 1 all day!}
Tom lost 4 on 1 hole!! Not that I was counting, but I think he lost like 9 all day!!
 
The only picture I snuck because it was that bad!
I should say that he came back on the last 2 holes and beat me!
 
I believe Tom even said he'd play with me again!!
Here's to making memories with co-workers...
and more...
FAMILY TIME with the KIDS and DATES with TOM!
 
 

No comments: