Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I GUESS...

I can finally say that I turned down a job opportunity yesterday.
 
I have been interviewing and testing over the last month and received a job offer on Friday. I had the weekend to think about it and on Monday morning, I declined.
 
I chatted with my BFF, mom, sister, and current supervisor about my options. I turned to Tom a lot with the pros and cons. I weighed all my options. I turned to my gut. I prayed.
 
I still have doubts...
 I still have hopes...
I still have fears...
I still have faith...
 
 
Did I make the right decision? I hope so...
 
I love my job! I enjoy most of my co-workers!
I am towards the top (of females) in seniority and have the best hours. I make pretty good money for what I do. I have so much flexiblity when it comes to leaving early and vacations.
 
All of those were unknowns and with being a firefighters wife and momma to 2 amazing kids... I couldn't chance not seeing them with another crazy schedule.
 
This is what I found when I turned to scripture:
 
Proverbs 3:5-6         
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
 
 
Did I make the right decision? Yes, FAMILY FIRST!

No comments: