Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Nothing like 4 months...

I promised to get better about blogging... and I haven't! So sorry!! The past few months have flown by! How can it be April 2012 already!?!

1st: Happy birthday to my favorite guy in this entire world!

2nd: Tom and I have been dating 9 months today!

3rd: I'm starting a new chapter on April 16th!

4th: Update on my Life as a Mom

Here goes:

1. How can I have a 6 and 8 year old? It seems like yesterday that I was telling Justin we were going to have a baby. I have so many vivid memories about being pregnant, delivering, and about the kids growing up. {yes, I know they are still growing!} I remember the crazy things... normal people don't think about! I remember things that were said... haha and yes I just laughed out loud. Anyway, both kids had friends over to our house this year. It was fun! Today, I ate lunch at school for the first time EVER with both kids. Does that make me a bad mom... I've never eaten at school with them! Oh well... hopefully there will be lots more of that in the future.

2. From not wanting to date... to meeting Tom... to being engaged... and then calling it off! I love him and the past 9 months have been awesome for the most part. I have never been sure about getting married again, and I thought I was ready... however... I completely lost it over the 3 weeks or so that Tom and I were engaged. How can a ring can so much between 2 people? We were so happy and then everything started going down hill. It was awful!! I panicked and gave the ring back. Things couldn't be better once again. I upset many people, but one thing I've learned is that I can't please everyone. I need to be happy for the kids, for me, and for our little family! AND that's what we are... HAPPY! I'm so proud of him too: following his dream of being a MEDIC! This year will be a long one, but it will be worth it seeing him graduate in March 2013!

3. Spring break was amazing! More about that in a minute... my new chapter! I was fired after being on vacation for 9 days. My boss decided she would fire a single mom for needing stability and security in her life... blah, blah, blah! I was offered a new job while on Spring Break! I will begin working at Hamilton County Community Corrections next Monday. I'll be on days for 3 weeks while training, but then I'm switching to 12 hour shifts on nights. It is the same schedule that Justin and I use with the kids, so I'll work when they are with him. I so excited and nervous! Better pay, benefits, closer to home, no daycare for Haley and Drew... LOTS of PROS!

4. My house is coming together and it is cute and homey! I love it! My neighbors rock, love being across the road from a park, perfect for running and playing... Tom dug me a new flower bed around the front patio... too bad it is 40 degrees today! I would love to have some flowers now!! I would love to knock out a wall too. My honey-do list keeps growing and growing!! The kids love Tom and we are a happy family! Drew is playing baseball! Haley is in mini 4-H! She can't wait to start dance again! He will play every sport possible! I love those two kids more than words can describe!

What else...

My brother got MARRIED and I gained an amazing sister in law and niece! Check out my photo blog (jessicamusselmanphotos.blogspot.com) and you will see some pictures. I couldn't be happier for them! Also... Cody passed his fire test!! Yes, he will be a fireman!!

Eric got baptized the Saturday night before Easter! What an awesome commitment!! Congrats bub!!

Easter was fun! Our church service was great and made me think about many things! I'll never get used to sharing the kids on holidays but we are making it work. Cherie and Dad always spoil the grandkids... AND KIDS! Yummy chicken and noodles too... my favorite!!

Orange Lake Resort... just outside of Orlando! AWESOME!! My mom got a deal on a time share and we all went. Tim & Susan (Adam's parents), Adam, Ashley, & Ty, Tom, the kids, & me... FUN TIMES! Drew golfed his first "real" course and also got to pick out birthday presents from the Lego store in Downtown Disney/ Pleasure Island.

**I love to run**I love to run**I love to run** - I'm going to keep telling myself that even though I don't love it yet... I'm trying!

I guess that is an update for now. I'm going to try to blog more... and be more interesting! What should I blog about... Mmmm...

I love my kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for your blog! I love it! Now you must stick with so I am not the only person in the world blogging her life away thanks! Keep telling yourself you love to run and you will! Today was my fourth week and the FIRST day I actually LOVED it! See it will happen :)