Thursday, August 7, 2014

Disappointed...


We went and looked at a house last night and I think I fell in love with the setting: quiet, back road, pond (stocked), green, beautiful...

4 car garage, 4 bed rooms, 2 living rooms, 2 bathrooms, double sided fire place up stairs, and another fire place downstairs, space for man cave, stainless steel appliances, good windows...

All that... AND... the house was just ok... not what I had hoped for... but why do I feel disappointed? I shouldn't at all!

dis·ap·point·ed [ dìssə póyntəd ]

not satisfied: unhappy because something was not as good, attractive, or satisfactory as expected, or because something hoped for or expected did not happen

** just so you know... the main floor bathroom WAS the master bathroom and all 3 bedrooms were on the main floor... They were smaller than I had expected and there was hardly ANY CLOSET space. Dad told me to sell my clothes... I could stand to get rid of a few! I am spoiled that I have a walk through closet and I don't want to share a bathroom with the kids!

Am I spoiled? Yes (in a good way) and No... I worked hard for what I have...

Are my expectations too high? No...

God knows the perfect time to put people and/or things in our lives! It is all in his hands.
HE has a plan!

We will continue to look, but are in no rush...

Our house is in a good location and fits our needs... so I won't complain! :) I'm thankful to have a roof over our heads and a place that keeps us save and dry! I am grateful and VERY blessed...


grate·ful [ gráytfəl ]
 
feeling or expressing thanks: having or showing the desire or reason to thank somebody
 
comforting: giving pleasure or comfort

No comments: