Sunday, January 4, 2015

MY ONE WORD IS...

 
*TEMPO*
 

While continuing to read scripture... hoping God would lead me to my word... I came across the picture above! It kind of smacked me in the face! I am obsessed with watches and I am constantly looking to see what time it is. I always have to be somewhere, have the kids at an event, do that, finish this... and my schedule always seems to overwhelm me. I was reading about God's timing and how it is always perfect. I was reading about living in the moment and enjoying life. I began thinking about how fast pace our lives are and what I'm missing out on. I don't know what I'm missing out on... and that scary... or sad! Last night at church we started a new series called "Tiny Tweaks, Giant Peak" and that is where I came across the picture below. Pastor Dave talked about it in terms of New Year's Resolutions, but I'm thinking about it in terms of everyday life... and when I look back at an older age... or when the kids look back at an older age. I want to make those {small things} some of our favorite memories! I want to slow MY... our [pace] or [change our rate of speed]. I want to enjoy life. I want to embrace the moment. I don't want to live out of my planner and have every minute of our lives planned out. We have crazy schedules... and I want to cherish our times together. I don't want to get so caught up in cleaning, running places, etc that we don't enjoy our times together. I want to be able to drop anything and everything and grab my kids or husband... just to say:
 
 I LOVE you!

 

No comments: