Saturday, October 25, 2014

IT'S BEEN 9 DAYS...

since I last blogged and I told myself I would not get behind. So... here is just a little update:
 
Fall has been extremely busy for us!
 
 
I love the fall... minus knowing that winter is right around the corner. My days off have been anything but boring. I've been taking pictures like crazy... and I enjoy that so much! I honestly try not to schedule shoots when the kids are home, but sometimes it just doesn't work out and they have to go. They have been a big help getting everyone's attention {kids}! I also try to go to parks with playgrounds where they can have some fun! With it getting dark... earlier... It's super hard for me to do shoots after work! Luckily... I have a [pretty] flexible schedule and am able to leave early or make up my time elsewhere.
 
 I am also a proud farmer's daughter... who not only "lost" her husband to the fire dept. but also to the fields. Don't get me wrong... I love that he is able to help my dad and Cody on his days off... BUT I miss him! I love that my dad compliments him {to me} about what a big help he is and how much he is learning. With everything in my life... I have not been able to help this year... and I hate that! I have been able to get them lunches on a few days.
 
 
Today... I took a half day! Woo Hoo for Indian Summer: warm temps and beautiful colors! I planned on spending the entire afternoon in the field... with 3 of my favorite guys! I planned on riding in the tractor with my hubby for hours just to catch up on life. I got a phone call last minute... asking for a photo shoot... so I said "absolutely!" Perfect for this family... that I just happened to take a half day. I also started adding other stuff to my "to do" list today... THEN... scratched it all off... minus the shoot!
 
Life is so extremely busy that I have to make spending time with my HUBBY a priority. We get so busy... with little things that can wait... that I sometimes forget what matters most:
FAMILY FIRST!
 
 
So... if my eye brows don't get waxed, my oil doesn't get changed, the laundry doesn't get put away, and the Edge doesn't get vacuumed... I'm okay with that! Today... I'm going to be a Farmer's Daughter and Firefighter's Wife! AND... I'm going to enjoy every second of it... without guilt!
 
 
HAPPY SATURDAY! ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!


No comments: