Thursday, December 16, 2010

On my...

journey to 30...
I've been learning to do what I want, like, and need...
Today, after a 2 hour meeting at the police department, I've decided to do what I LOVE! I'm going back to LPD [as a reserve for now]. Criminal Justice {and Ag} are my passions. Yes, I'm involved with CJ at the prosecutor's office, but most of you know what I mean... I miss being on the road as an officer.
I gave that up to be a mom and wife.
I will ALWAYS put being a mom first and foremost in my life, but I want this.
I am going to go through pre-basic again and train for awhile. I've grown up a lot since becoming a mom and have 2 little people that depend on me. I talked to them about lots of training this time around. I want to do things the right way and not just "act" like a police officer. That is kind of how I feel about my first time around. Don't get me wrong... I was trained, but only to an extent. I need to get my Ps & Qs in check. I'm going to see what happens over the next 6 months... stay tuned as a take another journey...
I am staying at the Prosecutor's Office {I know Lynn needs me!}. For the most part... I really like working there and until I find something full-time with benefits... I'm staying put.
Many of you feel like I'm the busiest person you know... I have to stay that way... especially right now. I like when my plate is full!
I love my kids!

No comments: