Saturday, August 16, 2014

THE MOST RANDOM...

 
 
things happen to me?!
 
This morning at 0330... I was driving down SR 32 to work... when ... 2 HORSES appeared on the side of the road. Yes, that's right... horses! I am a farm girl and we've had our fair share of phone calls in the middle of the night... telling us cattle or horses are out {HOWEVER} I about smoked them. I immediately turned my flashers on and called dispatch.
 
(I secretly prayed they weren't dads!)
 
I started to slowly back up so I could keep my headlights on them. They were nowhere to be found!
 
(Did I just imagine all of this? Am I losing my mind? I swear I just saw horses!)
 
I kept backing down the middle of the highway {still talking to dispatch, with my flashers on} and spotted them in someone's front yard. So, I pulled in the driveway and pondered how to approach this situation.
 
(OMG- I still have a rope [aka lasso] in the car from Coy's pictures! I hope the home owner doesn't come out with a gun! Block the driveway with my car so maybe they won't run back onto the road! Where is the deputy to help me!?! Dispatch- can you call my work and tell them I'll be late?)
 
The homeowner did come out... and spotlighted me! Told him what was going on and he went to get another rope {a ski rope} out of his garage to help me. Deputy went to the neighbors and discovered they were missing 4 other horses. Lady home owner comes out and starts feeding the horses we just caught... APPLES!
 
In the end... this all took about 40 minutes! Horses {at least 2 of them} are back in the barn!

No comments: