Monday, August 25, 2014

Our Weekend...

 
was jammed packed... like {always!}
 
FRIDAY: I picked the kiddos up from school and we went home for a few. Actually... just long enough to go through their folders and for Drew to pack an overnight bag. He was going to stay at a friend's house for his birthday. After dropping him off and feeding Tom and Haley dinner... Cody, Heidi, & Kenz came over! It was a nice evening of the girls playing and the adults playing euchre.
**Mind you... it rained all morning, so my senior photo shoot got delayed!**
 
SATURDAY: We all got to sleep in... until 8:30am! WooHoo!! I woke sis up... went and picked Drew... only to take him directly to another birthday party. {social kid!} Haley and I went to my dad's to take senior pictures of Lauren... who is gorgeous and go with the flow. I enjoy her mom so much even though I do not know them outside of taking pictures. Tom picked Drew up for me from party number 2 and we ended up getting home at the same time. We had lunch and some down time as a family, before the kids headed off to Mammaw Rhonda's while Tom and I went to the Colts vs. Saints game. We tailgated through downpours and had fun at the game. Picked the kids up... and crashed!
 
SUNDAY: We all got to sleep in... again... until 8:15am! WooHoo!! Stacy (see next post about her) tried iTown with Heidi, Kenz, the kids, and I this week... but not before we had breakfast at Jack's Donuts! Tom got to golf at PebbleBrook with Nathan and Chad! Good times! Dave's sermon was awesome: 2 Legit 2 Quit... on your kids! It hit home in some areas and was nice to here. I am a strict parent (kind of and depending who you ask... I can pick our battles [if i discipline now... i won't have to as much later]) but the kids know right from wrong and hopefully won't stray too far from center as they continue to grow older.
**remember all the rain... it ruined our canoe plans... and we were all bummed**
 
HOWEVER... sunday funday must go on...
 
Swimming and pitch-in at Amy & Justin's!
{we are all fried and I feel like the worst mother because kids are miserable!}
 
LET ME TELL YOU HOW THANKFUL I AM FOR WEEKENDS OFF WITH MY KIDS... AND TOM!
You all know our crazy schedules, so 3 days off as a whole family doesn't happen very often. BLESSED!
 
 

No comments: