Wednesday, August 20, 2014

SO PROUD...

 
of this group!
 
Meet most of the members of Lapel Stony Creek Fire!
 Lapel Stony Creek Fire 2014
 
 

Most of you know that I was a police officer for many years; both paid and as a reserve. I {loved} being a cop! I never felt close to that group though. I also got to the point where I didn't work enough to feel safe. Amongst many other issues, I decided to leave the
 police world...
 
and join the...
 
fire world.
Over the past few months, I have received my EMT & many other certifications and found another family. This group of individuals is willing to step up and help/ teach at any moment. My hubby was already great friends with some of the guys and NOW I understand that bond.
 
It's pretty awesome to know that I could {and have} pick up the phone and call them to come help me at any point. With Tom being gone one 24s, it's nice to have them close... just in case!
 
Examples: A "HUGE" 'possum in my garage that needed killed! Neighbor kid's mom running into my house because he's bleeding from his head. Moving heavy furniture... and then moving it back! Reading a report that just isn't flowing! To just being there when a family member died!

From the bottom of my heart... THANK YOU!

From the petty fights and disagreements to the immediate action that may need to be taken... we are a team that sticks together!

Here's to the future of LFD and building our new "HOME!"

 

No comments: